Wach the video above to see how to easily glitter ornaments and make these magical DIY unicorn ornaments! Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more fun videos.
And P.S. Check out our new Send a Unicorn Boxes!
With the Christmas Holidays coming up, we wanted to try making our own glittery unicorn ornaments.
Have you tried glittering ornaments before? It’s surprising simple. Many tutorials can be found all over Pinterest, we made some a couple of years ago, and it’s now a pretty well-known DIY using a common home cleaning supply (see below to see what it is).
To keep the unicorn ornaments simple (so that even kids can make them) we simply used craft clay for the horn and stickers for the flowers; and just a marker for the face.
We also show you 3 other ways to jazz up your glitter ornaments by adding names on the back, and adding stickers like stars and snowflakes, that fit in with the winter holiday theme!
DIY Glitter Unicorn Ornaments – Materials:
– Clear ball ornaments
– Floor Cleaner
– Craft Clay
– Black Paint Marker
– Stickers Flowers
– Sticker Letters
– Stiff White Felt and Pink felt
– Glue gun
– Optional – Sticker Stars, Snowflakes
– It also helps to have parchment paper, and two small funnels to keep the mess to a minimum.
(Watch the video above for the full DIY or follow below)
To Glitter Ornaments:
– Lay parchment paper down on your table.
– Remove the ornament hook, add some floor cleaner via a small funnel inside your ornament. Swirl to coat evenly.
– Shake glitter inside your ornament, all round, and tap out excess.
– Using parchment paper to catch the extra glitter is helpful because then you can add it back into the glitter jar using another small funnel.
To Make the Unicorn Ornaments:
– Roll the clay into two strips with your hands and twirl into a horn. We used colored clay and also used yellow clay we painted gold. Snip off the lenght of the horn size you need. Allow to dry overnight.
– Glue the horn to the top of the ornament (you can use regular or hot glue). Add sticker flowers. Draw eyes using a black paint marker.
– Cut out ears from white stiff felt and also the inside pink felt. Hot glue to the top of the ornament.
– Add sticker letters to the back to personalize your unicorn ornaments.
Other ways to decorate your glitter ornaments:
– You can simply just add a name using sticker letters
– Or add sticker stars or snowflakes – this is fun and easy for kids!
Have you ever tried making glitter ornaments? So many fun ways to decorate them! Let us know if you try it out!
Tons more holiday arts and crafts for kids HERE.
Check out more adorable unicorn ornaments from our blogging friends.
And if you want to just glitter ornaments all rainbow colors, check this one out!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.