Follow us on Instagram for more fun ideas for kids!
Scroll all the way down to watch the video below for the step-by-step video to create these 3 easy Valentine Art Projects for Kids. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more fun videos!
Get in the Valentine spirit by making these 3 easy and cute Valentine Art Projects for Kids. These gorgeous artsy hearts make cute note cards or heart-felt notes for kids to hand out to loved ones!
Valentine’s Day is a great day to get artsy with kids!
What shows true love more than a sweet Valentine handmade card?
These pretty hearts are easy for kids to make and will make them proud to hand out on Valentine’s Day!
What do you need to create these Valentine Art Project for Kids?
All you need is our heart template (download below in our DIY how-to card) and simple art materials you probably already have at home like paint, (acrylic and watercolors), sponges and straws!
What can I do with my lovely Valentine art once it’s done?
There are a couple of options. You’ll see here we chose to cut the hearts out and will using them for Valentine decor around the home.
You can also use them as Valentine cards or love notes!
You can also choose to leave them on the paper, uncut and place them in a frame for a gorgeous art frame you can admire all year round!
Note the blow painting will not make an exact heart as you’re blowing the paint all over and it seeps under the heart template, so for that project you may want to cut into hearts, as we did.
VALENTINE ART PROJECTS FOR KIDS – MATERIALS:
Heart template (download below, link in our DIY how-to card scroll down)
Acrylic paint in red, white, and pink
Piece of cardboard to use as a scraper
Liquid Watercolor paint (pink, purple, magenta is what we used)
3 small sponges
Parchment paper or newspaper to cover your workspace
Check out more Valentine Arts and Crafts for Kids
- Heart template
- Acrylic paint in red, white, and pink
- Piece of cardboard to use as a scraper
- Liquid watercolor paint (pink, purple, magenta is what we used)
- 3 small sponges
- Watercolor paper
- Parchment paper or newspaper to cover your workspace
- Print out 3 heart templates. Cut out the heart in the center.
- Tape the template with the heart cut out over your watercolor paper. Make sure to tape underneath the insides so there are no wide gaps for paint to spread out of the heart. If you are cutting these into hearts, this step doesn't matter as much.
- Scrape painting: Add dabs of red, pink and white paint all over your heart cut out and scrape with a piece of cardboard.
- Sponge paining. Dab your heart with pink, red, and and white paint using your sponge.
- Blow painting. Drop watercolor paint over your heart and use a straw to blow paint out in various directions. Note this is the only one of the 3 projects that gets paint coming out over the heart shape, so this one you should cut into a heart shape.