Follow us on Instagram for more fun ideas for kids!
Of all the ornaments in our collection, our very favorite are the ones that have been handmade.
Beyond being a fun way to celebrate the season with a holiday craft
, a DIY ornament
is a memento you’ll treasure for years to come.
Hanging kid-made snapshots of our family
on our tree always brings a smile to my face, and photo ornaments create an especially cherished snapshot of a moment in time.
Here are a few of our favorite ideas for creating your own DIY photo ornaments this year. Click on each link provided to take you to the tutorial.
2. This DIY Button Photo Wreath Ornament
is a fun colorful (and upcycled!) craft for kids to make. Wouldn’t this be a sweet gift for relatives or teachers too? (from hello, Wonderful)
5. These adorable Photo Snow Globes
featuring your kids will brighten up Christmas (from The Best Ideas for Kids
6. How cute are these Christmas List Photo Ornaments,
an adorable way to remember the “must-haves” from your children’s holiday wishlists. (from Positively Splendid)
7. A Washi Tape Photo Ornament
is a quick way to DIY a lovely ornament in a flash, and kids will have fun combing their favorite colors and patterns. (from No Biggie)
8. These Pom Pom Christmas Photo Ornaments
use wreaths and stars to frame for your kids’ pictures – and are perfectly sized to use up extra wallet-sized school photos! (from One Little Project)
9. Bring on the glitter for this glitzy Lollipop Photo Ornament
– a craft that uses simple supplies and is one kids are sure to love making! (from I Heart Arts ‘n Crafts)
11. Does your holiday decorating style lean a bit more towards vintage? Celebrate your rustic side and try a new technique with some Photo Transfer Ornaments! (from Tater Tots and Jello)
12. These darling Popsicle Stick Sled Ornaments
are a twist on the classic painted popsicle stick sled kids craft we used to make in school. (from The Craft Patch)
Love making ornaments, but don’t have a place to hang them? There are so many fun alternatives if you don’t have room for a tree – like this cute washi tape wall tree
, or this super cool DIY cardboard conifer
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.