Follow us on Instagram for more fun ideas for kids!
This paper tube cactus craft is a fun summer kids crafts you can make with simple recycled materials.
Paper roll tubes are some of the easiest crafting materials and one of our favorite items to create with! Here we are showing you how to make this adorable summer craft paper tube cactus craft with just a few simple recycled materials like paper and paper tubes! The project is super easy with our free printable template. Or you can easily create your own cactus shapes!
How do I decorate my cactus craft?
We love the simplicity of leaving them plain and having the pastel colors shine, but here are some additional ideas to make these paper cactus plants extra special with kids!
- Add googly eyes or draw on expressions
- Add paper flowers or decorative craft flowers
- Add a touch of sparkle like glued-on sequins or beads or glue on glitter!
- Add a mini pom pom garland!
The possibilities are endless! The est part is these cactus plants will thrive all year long and look beautiful on your windowsill. Low maintenance and no watering required!
What do I need to make this paper roll cactus?
Just a couple of core materials! Mainly paper tubes and colored cardstock. Patterned cardstock would look adorable too! We were able to make ours stand up without glue so that’s another bonus is not requiring to glue down anything!
Paper Tube Cactus Craft – Materials
paper tubes (cut in half)
free printable template (download below in our DIY card instructions)
Watch the video in this post to see how to make these adorable cactus DIY plants.
- Paper Tube Cactus Craft - Materials
- paper tubes (cut in half)
- colored cardstock
- free printable template (download below in our DIY card instructions)
- Print out the free template and cut out the shapes.
- Use as templates to trace onto and cut out colored cardstock cactus.
- Cut toilet paper tubes in half.
- Cut slits on the cactus to form 3D shapes.
- Insert into the paper tubes.
Check out more cute cactus crafts:
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.