Enjoy the last days of summer with this beautiful painted shell art project with the kids. This is a wonderful project to do side by side with them and enjoyable for adults too. You only need a couple of simple items and the free printable coloring sheet included. Happy end of summer!
Painted Shell Art Project – Materials:
– Free printable shell templates – download here and here
– Scissors or Exacto cutter
– Paint, paint brush or markers, crayons – your favorite art medium
You can do this project 2 ways:
- Print the templates (I recommend printing on thick cardstock paper), cut and paint, or color with markers or crayons.
- Print the templates, then cut each of the shells, redraw on cardboard, cut again and paint after.
No matter which way you choose, it should be fun!
These would make pretty garlands, or note cards from kids once they’re done.
What are your favorite seashell activities for kids?
Marie-Laure, is an Architect first, a mom of two, but also a Do It Yourself kind of girl. She LOVES CRAFTING. Her blog La Maison de Loulou is a piece of her with simple and fun crafts, ideas, projects, and activities to do with your kids at anytime. Her children Louise and Roman are her inspiration and all the DIY’s are made for them to have fun. Toys, games, costumes..she loves exploring the kids world with her own twist.