I’m excited to announce a new series of cute and easy dessert decorating tips and treats for kids from my bake shop. First up is an easy way to dress up ordinary cupcakes with fondant designs requiring virtually no decorating skills. The trick is using silicone molds that come in a variety of shapes and designs to fit your party needs. We use these molds at the bakery and they’re versatile and so simple to use.
Easy Cupcake Fondant Decorations – materials:
– Fondant (you can buy colored or white and use food coloring to make your own custom colors. My favorite brand is White Satin which tastes great and has a nice texture to work with)
– Plain undecorated cupcakes with frosting (make your own or purchase them plain)
1. Color your fondant with food coloring to get the desired colors you want.
2. Take a small portion of fondant, place in the silicone mold and release.
3. Place the fondant decorations on top of your cupcakes. That’s it! Very easy, you don’t need any special tools and you can make a lot of them quickly if you have all the supplies laid out.
You can customize initials or simple words.
Make baby shower cupcakes.
Spell out a special message or create cute icons that go with your party’s theme.
What are some of your favorite and easy party decorating ideas? We’d love to hear them!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.