I’m sure you’ve been inspired by all the great Easter egg decorating ideas out there. With Easter sneaking up early this year, the egg hunt is on! Here’s a simple paper craft on wooden eggs I recently made with my kids. I like the idea of using wooden eggs since they’re durable and can be played with long past Easter. The pretty pattern papers look so festive on the eggs and this is an enjoyable and simple craft you can make along with the kids!
Paper Decorated Wooden Easter Eggs – Materials:
– Wooden Eggs (I used these which came in a cute carton)
– Patterned or colored paper
– One inch circle punch (optional)
– Mod Podge
– Foam brush
– Satin Finish Spray (optional)
1. Punch out paper using your one inch circle punch. My daughter had a fun time doing this. If you don’t have a punch, you can have kids cut out pieces of paper or with younger ones, have them tear up pieces.
2. Working one egg at a time, use a foam brush to apply a coating of Mod Podge. Apply pieces of paper, layering with Mod Podge on top. At this point, I found it best to use my fingers, dipping them a bit into the Mod Podge and applying pressure on each piece of paper. My daughter had a lot of fun doing this part since it was so tactile.
3. Allow the paper to dry on each egg. Spray with Satin Finish Spray if using.
Here are the eggs drying. This took about 30 minutes.
The texture of the paper is pretty cool once the Mod Podge is dry and since these are wooden eggs, they feel durable and long-lasting for play.
You can also place them in a pretty container and display them at your Easter table for a festive look.
My daughter really enjoyed this easy craft project and loves playing with the eggs along with her pretend kitchen toys. Which is what’s so great about these eggs – they can be played with long past Easter!
What are some fun ways you’ve decorated Easter eggs with your kids?
Check out more fun Easter crafts and ideas here!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.
Agnes Hsu is a mom of three and has been inspiring parents and kids to get creative with easy activities and family friendly recipes for over 10 years. She shares her love for creative play and kids food to her 2MM+ followers online. Agnes' commitment to playful learning and kindness has not only raised funds for charity but also earned features in prestigious nationwide publications.