We’ve been hanging outdoors with the kids pretty much all summer so far and are loving the warm weather and excuse to stay out way past our bedtimes. You don’t need much to keep the kids entertained, but if you’re looking for ideas that provide a bit more structure and fun, there are plenty of fantastic games and activities you can do right in your own backyard. Get messy with freezer paints and water balloons, make each kid their own slippery water blob to cool off, or get the whole family involved in a good old-fashioned scavenger hunt, ring toss game, bowling and more!
What are your favorite family outdoor activities?
Make sure to click on the links below to take you to the full tutorial. Happy summer!
1. Ocean Sensory Activity | A Little Pinch of Perfect
2. Scavenger Hunt Game | Little Monster
3. Siphon Water Coaster | Babble Dabble Do
4. Shaving Cream Balloons | Totally the Bomb
5. Water Balloon Painting | Let’s Lasso the Moon
11. Pool Noodle Water Wall | Teaching Mama
12. Rock Faces | Club Chica Circle
13. Tic Tac Toe Rocks | Pink Stripe Socks
14. Balloon Dart Painting | hello, Wonderful
15. Pool Noodle Race Track | Ramblings From Utopia
16. Freezer Popsicle Paint | hello, Wonderful
17. Tin Can Toss Game | Crafts by Courtney
18. Emoji Beachball | And We Play
19. Yard Dice | A Houseful of Handmade
20. Melting Ice Cream Dough | Buggy and Buddy
21. Ring Toss Hedgehog | Pink Stripey Socks
22. Skate Balance Board | hello, Wonderful
23. Backyard Kerplunk Game | All Parenting
24. Obstacle Course | Ashley Ann Photography
25. Mini Water Blobs | hello, Wonderful
Check out more creative projects for kids here!