Make your little one feel like a queen on Valentine’s Day! these adorable paper tube crowns are so fun for kids to decorate in pretty pinks, red, or rainbow colors! A happy Valentine art project with open-ended designs that become sweet gifts for friends as well.
Valentine Day Crowns – Materials:
– Cardboard paper tubes
– Paint, tempera sticks, chalk markers
– Ribbon and/or skinny elastic cord
– Glue gun
– Cut paper hearts
– Skinny gold, silver, or pink wire
1. Paint your cardboard tube in sunset colors.
2. After your paint dries cut one end of your tube in a zigzag crown shape.
3. Hot glue 1-3 bent wires to the inside of your crown.
4. Cut out paper and/or cardboard hearts and add glitter or designs.
5. Hot glue your heart shapes to the end of your wire pieces.
6. Attach ribbon or elastic band to the lower inside section of your crown (party hat style).
7. Place crown on your head and spread the love!
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day with your little cupids this year?
Check out more creative Valentine’s day ideas for kids!
Meet Arielle Goddard – Los Angles based artist, designer, arts educator, mother of two girls, and founder of ART CAMP. Arielle has been teaching and developing art programs for close to 20 years. If you are looking for fresh, elevated, arts, crafts, and DIY inspiration follow her blog, Instagram and Pinterest.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.