Crafting with rocks is one of our favorite things to do with the kids. We love to paint rainbows on them! We’ve also made rock dolls, puzzles, alphabet letters and more to keep the kids busy painting, playing, and creating.
Lately, it seems rocks are making a comeback on the craft circuit which we love seeing! We’re blown away but the creative ideas we’ve seen featuring rocks and simple art supplies like paints and markers.
So we’ve rounded up our favorite playful rock crafts for kids featuring imaginative and pretend play ideas like making cute animal puzzles, bugs, garden stones, cactus, fairies and more.
What are your favorite rock crafts for kids?
Check out these cool ways to spread kindness with rocks.
Make sure to check out each description and links to the craft rocks below to make your own!
1. Traffic Signal Rocks | hello, Wonderful
2. Painted Rock Photo Holders | Buggy and Buddy
3. Fish Rock Craft | hello, Wonderful
4. Flamingo Rock Puzzle | hello, Wonderful
5. Rock Bugs | Easy Peasy and Fun
16. Rock Fish Pond | Make It Your Own
17. Owl Rocks | Frugal Fun for Boys
18. Jail Craft Painted Rocks | Non Toy Gifts
19. Mouse Rock | I Heart Crafty Things
20. Mix and Match Rock People | You Clever Monkey
21. Pet Snail Rocks | Kids Craft Room
22. Rock Doll Faces
23. Sticker Rocks | Fireflies and Mudpies
24. Dyed Decorated Rocks | Twitchetts
25. Garden Rocks and Drawstring Bag | The Craft Train
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.