Our daughter has started to get into photography. This is an activity that gets kids focusing on the details- zooming in and zooming out, creating a challenge for their friends! The premise is to show the close-up photo first and for viewer to figure out what the item is.
- Photo album (that shows photos one at a time- singular)
- With an adult, take both a regular photo and a close-up of a section of everyday items or things in nature. We show you a few ideas that our kids had. Print a copy of each.
- Arrange your photos in a photo book with the close-up followed by the actual item and have your friends guess what it is prior to flipping the page. Were you able to stump anyone? Leave a few pages blank so your friend can add their own!
- Developing one’s photography skills.
- Use a camera with permission, care and adult supervision.
What are your favorite ways to get kids interested in photography? Please let us know in the comments!
Check out more fun and creative projects for kids!
Make it Your Own is a Canadian children’s website. We hope to inspire educators and families with projects to do together, explorations of various mediums and techniques and to get out into nature to source supplies. We love re-imagining items and thinking of new ways to share children’s artwork. We are often described as “an educational mom, a digital dad and their three mini-makers.