Create this easy puppet theatre for rainy day, dramatic pretend play! (Plus- it folds flat for compact storage!)
- 3 panel fold out presentation/poster board
- Decoration materials (felt, buttons, beads, foam etc. you could even paint the theatre itself!
- Glue gun/ glue (You could also use white/craft glue)
- Craft blade/ knife (*To be used by an adult*)
- Measuring tape or ruler
We always find these items helpful too:
- Craft tray
- Open up your poster/presentation board and lay it flat. Use your tape measure or ruler on the centre panel to create a rectangle in the middle panel for an adult to cut out with a craft or utility knife. Be sure to place the board on a surface that it okay to cut on.
- Once your rectangle is cut out, then personalize your theatre. Our daughter made a field for bunnies to play in as she brought this to her class to go along with making bunny puppets. You could go space, a jungle, under the sea etc., whatever your interests may be. She cut out her ideas, we sewed on some details together and then she glued them on with a glue gun.
- Fold the outer panels of your poster board backwards and stand it up. You could attach a small piece of elastic to the back of each of the outer panels and to the inner piece if you want to make it more secure.
- When you are done playing, simply fold it up and store it for next time! (It could fit under a bed, behind a couch etc.)
Want to save this idea? Pin it here:
What are your favorite pretend play ideas? Check out these fun pretend play costumes, DIY Play Kitchens and puppets!
Tons more creative projects for kids HERE.
Make it Your Own is a Canadian children’s website. We hope to inspire educators and families with projects to do together, explorations of various mediums and techniques and to get out into nature to source supplies. We love re-imagining items and thinking of new ways to share children’s artwork. We are often described as “an educational mom, a digital dad and their three mini-makers.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.