I’ve written before about my love for making easy baked donuts which is always so fun for the kids to mix up and decorate.
Here is a simple recipe for pumpkin donuts using a cake mix. These donuts are delicious and a super fun baking activity for kids. Plus, they’re great for using up any leftover pumpkin puree!
Easy Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Pecan Glaze – Ingredients:
1. Cinnamon Crumb Cake Mix (we used Krusteaz brand)
2. 3/4 Cup pumpkin puree
3. 1 egg
4. 1/4 Cup water
1. 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar
2. 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
3. 2 Tablespoon milk
4. Chopped pecan bits
5. Orange sparkling sugar (optional)
1. Combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, egg, and water into a bowl and mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
2. Spoon mix into the donut maker and bake for 7-8 minutes until the tops spring back or bake in the oven using donut pans (use the cake mix guide for directions on how long to bake).
3. Prepare maple glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk and maple syrup until you have a thin glaze. Add more powdered sugar if too thin or more milk or maple syrup if too thin.
4. Dip the cooled donuts onto the glaze and sprinkle with pecans or sparkling sugar (optional).
These mini donuts were a hit with both kids and adults and the pumpkin added a nice flavor and texture. This is also an easy activity you can do with you kids. Although not pictured, my daughter had so much fun mixing, dipping and sprinkling the entire way.
Have you ever tried making donuts before?
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.