One thing I get asked a lot by other parents is how to carve out time to craft with your kids. My answer is: you don’t have to spend a lot of “time.” There are many ways to create with your kids with materials you probably already have in the home. Doing fun projects with the kids isn’t so much about what’s in your craft box or even having one. Nor does it have to be super involved. The most important part, as I’m sure you know, is spending time doing something together with your kids.
To get you inspired to start crafting with your kids, I’ve rounded up some of the best crafts around. And the amazing part? Each project only requires 2 ingredients! You probably already have most of these items in your kitchen. And you’ll be surprised at how much you can do with so little. How about making a cool ring toy, a game of hopscotch, crown or bowl? Or trying lots of fun sensory and art projects geared for the little ones. There are also some great science experiments too – yep, with just two ingredients. Take a look at these incredibly easy and fun crafts to get started.
What are some of your favorite easy activities to do with the kids?
Make sure to click on the links below to view each tutorial.
1. Shaving Cream Art from Smart Class
2. Soft Play Dough from Paging Fun Mums
3. Slime from Morena’s Corner
4. Edible Play Dough from Smart School House
5. Sensory Soap Fluff from The Imagination Tree
6. Ice Science Experiment from The Artful Parent
7. Cloud Experiment from Reading Confetti
8. Ivory Soap Experiment from Our Best Bites
9. Marshmallow Structures from The Idea Room
10. Threading Cards from Dandee Designs
11. Homemade Bath Paints from Pink Stripey Socks
12. Bath Paints from Laughing Kids Learn
13. Edible Paint from Learn Play Imagine
14. Chalk Paint from Kids Activities Blog
15. Edible Paint for Babies and Toddlers from Meri Cherry
16. Edible Slime from Blog Me Mom
17. Hopscotch Game from Lil Blue Boo
18. Paper Tube Stamp from Pretty Prudent
19. Washi Tape Crown from Meet The Dubiens
20. Scratch and Sniff Paint from Kids Activities Blog
21. Rock Stamps from Thrive 360 Living
22. Rainbow Ring Toy from Buggy and Buddy
23. Cardboard Stackers from Meaningful Mama
24. Straw Necklace from Avery and Augustine
25. Paper Mache Bowl from MollyMoo
Check out more fun, creative and easy crafts for kids!