I remember seeing cuff links with Scrabble tiles at a gift store not too long ago and was thinking what a great DIY gift they’d make. As it turns out, they are! Not only do these easy Scrabble cuff links take all of 5 minutes to make, they’re easy enough for kids to help make for a special Father’s Day gift that’s playful and functional.
Scrabble Tile Cuff Links – Supplies:
– Scrabble tiles (we used an old set with missing pieces but you can get some here).
– Strong craft glue (like this)
– Black Sharpie (optional)
– Add a dab of glue to the backing of each cuff link and then place tile on top. Allow to dry fully before using.
– The kids and I made these for my husband for Father’s Day. T and H are his initials and A and K are the kid’s first initials.
– If you want to personalize a bit further, you can write the kid’s birth date on a blank tile which is what we did. I thought it’d be fun for my husband to wear the letter of the child corresponding to the birthday for the other link.
That’s about it. So easy and simple!
You can make several of these and place a set in a little gift box. Make them for grandfathers, uncles, or any special dads you know. They’re so easy to make and once you have the tiles and cuff links, it’s fun to keep on going!
Are you making something handmade for dad with the kids this year? We’d love to hear what you’re planning!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.