I’ve recently fallen in love with using felt as a craft material. It comes in a variety of brilliant colors, is easy to cut, inexpensive, and can be used to make anything from costumes, puppets, accessories, plush dolls and books. Kids who are just starting out with learning how to use scissors can practice on felt which is sturdier than other materials. Cut out patterns to create your own felt stories or pretend play characters. Many of the simple and creative projects listed here require no sewing to make it easy to start playing!
Make sure to click on the links below to view the full tutorial.
1. DIY No Sew Felt Bird Wings | hello, Wonderful
2. Hand Animal Puppets | Style Me Pretty
3. Fairy Felt Peg Dolls | The Imagination Tree
4. Princess Felt Patterns | Fynes Designs
5. Felt Ball | Simply Earnest
16. Felt Finger Puppets | Handmade Charlotte
17. Kawaii Softie | Crafts Tuts+
18. Felt Letters | Buggy and Buddy
19. Felt Animal Ornaments | Lia Griffith
20. Dr. Seuss Hoop Felt Stories | Hey Let’s Make Stuff
What are your favorite ways to play with felt? Take a look at more creative projects for kids here!