Follow us on Instagram for more fun ideas for kids!
We’ve loved playing with Giant Water Beads lately. They’re so fun to squish and bounce around. This Giant Water Bead Painting activity is another entertaining way to play with them
I love finding ways to reimagine our go-to toys as tools for sensory play, or unconventional art supplies. We’ve used everything from balloons to toy trains – even flowers – to create beautiful, sensory-filled art projects.
Scroll all the way down to watch how to set up this messy and sensory Giant Water Bead Painting and be sure to subscribe to our channel for more fun crafts and ideas!
Somehow, the giant size of the water beads makes this painting experiment EXTRA fun – and they’re incredibly easy to wash off once you’re done (we used acrylic paints but you can use washable paints).
GIANT WATER BEAD PAINTING – MATERIALS:
- Giant Water Beads
- A large cardboard box or blank canvas
- A large piece of paper (watercolor paper is our favorite type and absorbs paint well)
- Acrylic or washable paint
- Grab a large cardboard box. You may want to lay out a paint drop cloth or a plastic tablecloth in case of stray paint drips!
- Lay a large piece of paper or a blank canvas in the bottom of the box, dotting with a few dollops of paint in different colors.
- We rolled our balls around in the box like marbles – letting the balls create lines and patterns in the paint.
- Have a blast creating bright, colorful kinetic paintings!
Do you have a favorite sensory art-making method? For those of you with tiny artists, this mess-free painting is another great way to utilize a cardboard box and paint for baby’s first art play. And this scratch-n-sniff painting is a great way to explore another one of the senses in art.
These would make gorgeous cut-out cards, wrapping paper for small gifts, or note tags from kids!
Check out more fun action art projects for kids.
Watch the video of our Giant Water Bead Painting in action.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.