We love using a book as a starting point for a gift! Have you read, “My Color is Rainbow”? Here are three creative ideas to pair with the book:
1) Rainbow Beading Kit
- Divided container
- Elastic cord (we pre-cut it, but if you include a roll, include a small pair of travel scissors)
- Multi-coloured beads
2) Rainbow Building Kit
- Multicoloured play dough or make your own
- Multicoloured straws
- Dowels of various thicknesses and lengths (or substitute popsicle sticks)
- Storage container
3) Stick Puppet Kit
- Thin dowels
- Thick paper (cardstock, cue cards etc.)
- Markers or paints
- Paint brushes
- Brass fastners (if the kids want to make characters that articulate)
- Pencil/ eraser
- Glue (we recommend a glue gun, but you could include craft glue)
Click Here to Get Your Free Printable
- Gift Tag labels (download above)
1) Gather your supplies, including the book, My Color Is Rainbow, which can be ordered on Amazon (U.S. only) or Plaeful (international).
2) Enhance the suggestions with your own ideas.
3) Place them into your container.
4) Print and affix your labels and give your kit to your friend to get creative with!
What are your favorite Rainbow Gift Ideas for kids?
Make it Your Own is a Canadian children’s website. We hope to inspire educators and families with projects to do together, explorations of various mediums and techniques and to get out into nature to source supplies. We love re-imagining items and thinking of new ways to share children’s artwork. We are often described as “an educational mom, a digital dad and their three mini-makers.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive a small affiliate commission. Regardless, we give our promise that we only recommend products or services we would use personally and believe will add values to our readers.